[WikiEN-l] Unsourced biographies

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Apr 26 06:49:53 UTC 2007

I started a discussion at [[WT:BLP]] on the proposal that we implement
a variant of proposed deletion as follows:

	It is proposed that this article be deleted as a biography of
	a living individual which does not cite its references or
	sources.

	If you can improve the article by sourcing it, please edit
	this page and do so. You may remove this message if you add
	reliable independent sources. This template should not be
	removed without first sourcing the article.

	The article may be deleted if this message remains in place
	for 14 days. (This template was added: 26 April 2007.)

	If you created the article, please don't take offense.
	Instead, please improve the article so that it is acceptable
	according to the policy on biographies of living individuals.

The idea would be to give a bureaucracy-free route to removing
*unsourced* biographies.  The unsourced condition may be the result of
removal of questionable sources for negative statements, that should
not make a difference.

There's also a debate at [[WP:AN]] about this.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG