[WikiEN-l] Attack site conflict gets weirder

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Wed Apr 25 04:29:00 UTC 2007

More stuff has happened in the fight over linking to Brandt's site in
a Wikipedia Signpost article on him.  Apparently, taking out that
link really pissed Brandt off.  (OK... sometimes bad policy decisions
can have good effects.)  Writing on one of those infamous Attack
Sites, Brandt threatened to bring back his Hive Mind 2 page (the one
with admins, not regular editors) unless Wikipedia (or whoever has
final authority over Signpost) reinstates the link right away.  (Bad
move on Brandt's part... if he kept his mouth shut, there'd be plenty
of pro-free-speech, anti-silly-link-policy editors like me around to
fight for putting back the link as relevant and reasonable for that
article... but some of us aren't nearly so eager to fight for giving
in to a Brandt Ultimatum.)

And, following this, somebody wrote about it on [[WP:AN/I]], giving a
link to Brandt's comments on the other site (reasonable... how is
anybody supposed to know what he said, and in what context,
otherwise?), and some of the succeeding comments criticized this
insertion of yet another Link To An Attack Site (though, as of now,
nobody has actually removed the link).

--
== Dan ==