[WikiEN-l] Brandt says he might sue even if his bio is taken down!

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:56:44 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> The notably infamous Brandt has a few more things to say on the
> subject of what he might do to Wikipedia even if Wikipedia caves in
> fully to his demands that his bio be deleted.  Unfortunately, the
> comments are on a site where, if I linked to it on Wikipedia itself,
> various people would go ballistic about it and try to enforce alleged
> policies against linking to such sites, but no such rule seems to
> exist on this list, so here's the link:
>
> http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=8430
>
> See how he "may decide" to "file a lawsuit anyway" even if we give
> him what he's asking for.  Subsequent discussion includes some back-
> and-forth debate about whether the "Wikipedia Cabal" has secretly
> decided to delete Brandt's bio because it's too much trouble (and,
> along with that, suppress all internal opposition to such deletion
> forcibly), or, contrariwise, that the cabal will carefully craft a
> new BLP policy that allows some recourse to "bio victims" but still
> lets them keep the Brandt article... either way, they think he should
> sue about it.  In addition to supporting such a suit, the
> commentators are in general agreement that the fatal flaw of any
> possible policy that comes out of Wikipedia is that the policy comes
> out of Wikipedia; it's made by people within the Wikipedia community
> and consistent with that community's values and principles, which is
> inherently wrong: the policy should be imposed on Wikipedia from
> outside, preferably by the most fervent haters of the site and
> everything it stands for.
> --
> == Dan ==
> Dan's Mail Format Site: http://mailformat.dan.info/
> Dan's Web Tips: http://webtips.dan.info/
> Dan's Domain Site: http://domains.dan.info/

Oh World, when will you learn to listen to drini :P

3 days before he got unblocked:
"I also took down the IRC logs. As I move toward litigation, it has
become clearer to me that Jimbo and the Foundation are responsible for
the behavior of their editors, because they control the structure of
Wikipedia. There is no point in confusing the judge and jury."

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=8226&view=findpost&p=28305
http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=8226