[WikiEN-l] Analysis of BLP issues (Jimmy Wales should reconsider)

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 23 18:58:24 UTC 2007

Jeff Raymond wrote:

>> 4. Is it based on one negative incident?

What about the astronaut who went cross country in an alleged
> attempt to murder her jilted lover?  Guess what - her biography's going to
> be based on that one incident, no matter what the eventual outcome.  This
> isn't a bad thing, either - it's simply reality.

Which raises the question: if all we have is information about one
incident, why the subject of our article isn't the incident itself
rather than the person as a distinct individual?

Biography means a writing about someone's *life*.

If we don't have material for a biography, then we shouldn't have a
biography!

Doc