[WikiEN-l] BLPs--some ideas

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Sun Apr 22 22:37:57 UTC 2007

Ray Saintonge wrote:

> Most papers are prevented from publishing the names of juvenile
> offenders.  What would be your source for that information.

That's not exactly true. Papers can publish what they want about
juvenile offenders. Police and courts may choose not to release the
names of juvenile offenders, but sometimes newspapers learn the names
and publish them anyway. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-bk-
gunshop042007,0,2146757.story?coll=orl-home-headlines
http://archive.seacoastonline.com/news/04102007/nhnews-ph-p-
melville.html

|  Subscribe to our free weekly list serve by visiting:
|  http://www.prwatch.org/cmd/subscribe_sotd.html
|
|  Donate now to support independent, public interest reporting:

https://secure.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizations/cmd/shop/
custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=1107