[WikiEN-l] "Suicide methods" article

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:39:42 UTC 2007

On 21/04/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 4/21/07 6:38 AM, Skyring at skyring at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On 4/19/07, Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia) <newyorkbrad at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> However, in the current AfD discussion, which I acknowledge is
> >> trending toward "Keep" again, it is represented that at least one
> >> suicidal individual has ACTUALLY consulted this article for
> >> information on how to kill himself. This multiplies my concern
> >> tenfold.
> >
> > Heaven forbid that people should consult an encyclopaedia for useful
> > information.
>
> Huh!?!

To every reader his book, and to every book its reader.* I believe
Peter's point is that if someone is wanting to kill themselves, then
information on how people kill themselves is useful to that person.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

* There are days I feel the Five Laws, suitably polished, can replace
any inclusion principles...