[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:10:48 UTC 2007

> Brandt and I are talking by email about his status in Wikipedia, both as
> editor and as biographical subject, and I am attempting to address his
> various concerns in a way that is both consistent with our policies
> (NPOV in particular) and respectful of him as a human being.

So as an editor Brandt should be afforded minimum protection of Civility
clauses and NPA. Here's the first attack that needs to be reviewed

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Daniel_Brandt&diff=55132392&oldid=55131921

a fellow Wiki editor cites himself, is self-published, violates NOR, and
places highly questionable and potentially damaging libelous information
in Brandt's bio (the same cite remains in the Public Information Research
entry).

This is not without Arbitration precedent, other editors have been banned
for personal attacks that met WP:V, WP:RS, & WP:CITE policies.

The sort of incivility we've seen in this case is beyond the pale, and
abusive editors need to be held to account through internal regulation --
the alternative is litigation against the Foundation, or changes in Sec. 230
by Congress which is a *real* possibility.