[WikiEN-l] BLPs--some ideas

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:49:44 UTC 2007

I like 4,5 and 6.

I think 3 is too restrictive - I imagine there are plenty of important
facts that there is only really one source for. Any other source for
that information would be getting it from that one source anyway, so
citing 2 sources would be meaningless.

I think 1 and 2 would encourage systematic bias. Requiring people to
appear in encyclopedias or Who's Who would cause a pro-western bias, I
expect. Requiring people to appear in newspapers causes a bias against
fields that don't get much news coverage (to be honest, I can't think
of an example of such a field at the moment, but I think that's just
lack of imagination on my part).