[WikiEN-l] You really don't get it

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 02:43:31 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I never mentioned law - I am speaking of ethics.

The law has been repeatedly mentioned.  At the very least, you need to
clarify "rights" as ethical, legal, moral, social expectations, etc.

> And *'Wikipedia - the best place on the internet to be libeled'* isn't a
> great tag line.

How about "Would you rather be hit by a car out in the middle of a
desert, in the middle of a circus, or in front of the hospital?".

> Frankly, I don't believe that people who are holding the line you are
> care at all about this subject. You have just set up so many straw men
> it isn't true.

You could at least assume good faith here.  That's not a nice comment
at all.  I've been dealing with these problems on the Internet for
over 20 years now and don't take any of them lightly.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com