[WikiEN-l] RFCU security (was Ryulong blocked ALL accounts)

Silas Snider swsnider at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:04:14 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Info Control <infodmz at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They don't. Having been checked doesn't violate your privacy.
> > >
> > Sure it does.  It reveals private information to the person doing the
> > check.
>

> This is partially my concern. One long-standing allegation and fear that
> runs about is that people can do RFCU on anyone, for any reason.

Ooh! Idea! What if we were able to change the software so that users
could see if they (but no one else) had been checkusered, and by whom?

Sincerely,
Silas Snider

Silas Snider is a proud member of the Association of Wikipedians Who
Dislike Making Broad Judgements About the Worthiness of a General Category
of Article, and Who Are In Favor of the Deletion of Some Particularly Bad
Articles, but That Doesn't Mean They are Deletionist
(AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTD) , and the Harmonious
Editing Club of Wikipedia.