[WikiEN-l] Brandt, bios, and other thoughts

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 20 15:55:31 UTC 2007

"Kirill Lokshin" wrote

> I think it would be reasonable to
> say that this issue has become, by any measure, the single most
> disruptive one we've experienced in terms of damage to the community
> and the project as a whole.

It might be reasonable to say that; but for me it is not true to say that. And it is important to point out that what Brandt actually wants is to damage our credibility (not the community or project as such). If the argument is 'don't give him a pretext', I fear that the mere existence of Wikipedia is an adequate pretext. He feels we are owed 'public relations disasters', just for having the prominence we do.

Charles