[WikiEN-l] Ryulong blocked ALL accounts

Brian Haws brian at bhaws.com
Fri Apr 20 14:38:02 UTC 2007

>Tony Sidaway wrote:
>Come now, how did Ryulong's actions put people in danger?  His block
>*prevented* them from editing Wikipedia.  We still don't know their
identities (although as a matter of course, given the similarity of
>the inflammatory accusations by socks, I hope the checkusers have
investigated this affair for possible abusive socking).

I hope they are not, this is a shocking disregard for fellow editors. Socks
used this in this manner is fully supported by policy and even more
importantly allowing them in this context is the right thing to do. High
profile, long term editors/admins are routinely allowed to be much more
inflammatory on-wiki then these guys were over the one night they were
active....we give users who write the word poop all over an article more
leeway then this....

Brian