[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Apr 19 22:09:45 UTC 2007

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> Jimmy, you have an urgent job of communication to do.

Well, this is by my count my 18th email to this mailing list in the last
hour and 15 minutes or so.  I don't know how much more urgent of a job I
can do. :)

> To a lot of the
> community this looks like you giving greater weight to the feelings of
> a persistent thorn in Wikipedia's flesh, than to long-standing and
> highly valued members of the community against whom Brandt has
> launched personal attacks, and deliberate, calculated, real-life
> harassment.  I am not sure I understand your thinking here, and I am
> absolutely sure that the overwhelming reaction of most people is
> "WTF???"

I am trying to resolve the issue in a positive way.  Obviously I very
much more strongly value those members of the community than Brandt.
And I hope that my active explanations and addressing of concerns will
help people to understand what is going on here and why.

--Jimbo