[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 19 20:32:03 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you answer my previous question, Erik, because it's one that a lot
> of people are now worried about. Is it your view that all that matters
> is what users do on-wiki, and that what they do to other users
> off-wiki is of no consequence?

Brandt's main complaint is about the existence and content of his
biography. As far as I understand, he only intends to comment on the
talk page of that biography to ask for corrections he considers
important. Granting him that limited "right to response" seems to be
something we ought to consider completely irrespective of all other
ongoing disputes.

Would you be less concerned about the unblock if we effectively
limited his editing privileges to Talk:Daniel Brandt?
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic