[WikiEN-l] Libeling NFL players; or, our abject failure to protect living people

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:14:45 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> This is the best argument for not accepting articles which will receive no
> significant attention, either from the public or from us. We have long
> passed the point recent changes patrolling will catch all such vandalism.
>
> Fred

Most cases of articles not receiving attention are due to the people who
could handle it either aren't online at the time such vandalism occurs or
simply don't know the article exists.

I have multiple biographies of living people on my watchlist and I can give
it attention, but I can't check that list for vandalism 24/7. Anyway, I
don't think cutting otherwise okay articles is the way to deal with this.
That's like giving in to the vandals.

I am still waiting for Stable Versions.

Mgm