[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:10:49 UTC 2007

On 19/04/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

>  We've had this before with
> particularly contentious users, unblocked after private mentoring
> attempts to resolve their particular objectionableness... they don't
> usually work well, but we do try, and I don't recall any lynchings of
> would-be mentors before.

Indeed. And remember: the arbcom has long upheld that no-one is
considered irredeemable, even in past cases where it's obvious they're
about 99.5% irredeemable. It may end badly, but it is unlikely to end
in wiki-threatening disaster. If someone is willing to unblock and to
work with the person, there's no problem. In this case, I know Jimbo
is keeping as close an eye as anyone on what actually happens.

- d.