[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Info Control infodmz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:49:20 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Jimmy has given three reasons:
> * he asked nicely
> * we are talking about a productive way forward in the future
> * it has been more than a year
>
> These seem like good reasons to me, and I trust his judgment in this
> matter. I think we should all be willing to try out such experiments
> more frequently, rather than dividing our world into friends and
> enemies.

Also, I'm inclined to agree with you, but my questions are still sort of out
there... can the community overrule Jimbo, or is Jimbo pulling an OFFICE to
overrule previous decisions by multiple admins here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Community_sanction_noticeboard&oldid=122638406#Daniel_Brandt

It's really more a question of what is Jimbo's authority in this matter
relative to the decisions of other admins.