[WikiEN-l] "Suicide methods" article

Info Control infodmz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:10:38 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Doc glasgow <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Having said all of that, I'm not sure this article actually does give me
> great cause for concern. But we should retain our basic humanity and
> cultural sensitivity when we make decisions like this.

Who's basic humanity and cultural sensitivity? For some cultures and people,
suicide is acceptable. Do we impose a Christian viewpoint? Jew? Muslim?
Buddhist? Atheist? Humanist? American? Japanese? African?

Applying morals like this is dangerous because it opens the door for a
"moral majority" to control things, which is inherently and horrically
wrong.