[WikiEN-l] Major dysfunction in RfA Culture

Kusma kusma.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:45:26 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's impossible to know everything about WP. There are a lot of areas of
> policy I'm not familiar with. Does this make me unqualified to handle my
> tools? Of course not - because I have enough clue to consult the relevant
> policy areas before doing something stupid. It's all about *trust* - not
> about experience. Experience is an indicator of whether the user can be
> trusted, but it is a means to the end of determining trustworthiness.
> Experience is not an end in itself.
>
> Johnleemk

Well, is it about "community trust" or "general trustworthiness"? The
first can be easily determined by voting (opinion poll with one
question "do you trust XY with the admin tools?"). The second is much
harder to prove or disprove, and might be impossible to determine
objectively, as it is independent of many available objective
criteria.

Kusma