[WikiEN-l] "Suicide methods" article

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 09:22:39 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/17/07, Eugene van der Pijll <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Jossi Fresco schreef:
> > > I have suggested a merge and RD into [[Suicide]].
> >
> > [[Suicide]] is 40 kB; we usually suggest splitting pages of that size
> > into subpages. I don't think merging a 14 kB article into the page is a
> > good idea.
> >
> > Eugene
>

> Yes, this merge proposal seems like a kneejerk reaction along the lines of
> "We don't want it, but we don't want to look like we're censoring it
> either".
>
> I think the best idea would be to cut the unencyclopedic and unsourced
> material. I'm q

Sorry, using a keyboard I'm not familiar with. I meant to say, I'm quite
confident we can write an encyclopedic article about suicide methods, e.g.
notable uses of this or that method, common methods, studies on which
methods are most common, etc.

Provided we write in an encyclopedic manner, I don't see the problem.

Johnleemk