[WikiEN-l] Foreign language WP as a source

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:03:47 UTC 2007

On 4/16/07, Silas Snider <swsnider at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip] we should use the source from the foreign language wikipedia and not the
> wikipedia itself.

Others have pointed out, and I agree, that one should never add a
reference that one hasn't personally verified.  If one hasn't actually
read the source of the foreign-language Wikipedia, then *it's not your
source*.  The foreign-language Wikipedia is, and you should cite that.
 It might be better to acquire the original sources, if one can,
though since they may be foreign-language and foreign-published that
might be challenging.

-Matt