[WikiEN-l] Stupid DRV question

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Mon Apr 16 15:42:36 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:

> They might be an argument for making DRV admin-only. AFDs can only be
> closed by admins, so only admins should review the closure (although
> one could be started by anyone, only admin opinions would be taken
> into account). I haven't thought this through fully, so I'm not sure
> if it's a good idea, but I'll put it out there for discussion anyway
> and I'll let you know my opinion once I've formed one.

Mostly, it's the admins screwing up the DRVs, somewhat interestingly.
Besides, most input on DRV tends to be from long-time editors anyway, who
theoretically have better knowledge.

Really, the problem is assuring editors that they'll get a proper appeal
and be virtually guaranteed a proper result.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.