[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies

Gallagher Mark George m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Mon Apr 16 06:54:45 UTC 2007

G'day Steve,

> And presumably for relevance. I can't see why we would be that
> specific about where someone lives. Some public figures may like to
> publicise their exact location, which would make it relevant, but most
> don't. The city they live in is plenty for encyclopaedicness, and
> their suburb is already getting a bit nosy...

AOL.

The suburb in which a politician lives can be very relevant indeed (at least in Australia; I don't know the situation in other countries).  The suburb in which a film actor lives is not something we need to know.  It depends on the specific circumstances of each person, but I'd say the vast majority of those living people we write about, a) don't need to have any more detail than city name included, and b) prefer it that way.

Cheers,

--
[[User:MarkGallagher]]