[WikiEN-l] Major dysfunction in RfA Culture

Michael Snow wikipedia at att.net
Mon Apr 16 05:40:26 UTC 2007

geni wrote:

> On 4/16/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the ones likely to be giving insufficient time and consideration to
>> each admin action, the ones most likely to be applying policy
>> mechanistically rather than with judgment, and quite often the ones
>> making a greater rate of errors.
>
> Not really since the system is set up so that for the most part the
> relevant policy
> can be applied mechanistically.

To the extent that this is true, it's a big part of the problems with
our current set of policies. We need more people, administrators or not,
who can exercise good judgment. Having policies that depend on and
encourage its use is vital to developing a culture that will foster
contributors with that skill.

--Michael Snow