[WikiEN-l] Spotlight

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 02:03:36 UTC 2007

Just a quick note about a new effort going on. Yesterday, Eagle_101 and I
began to reinvigorate [[Wikipedia:Spotlight]], a project devoted to fixing up
basic articles collaboratively. About 10-15 people lent a hand to improve
[[Coloring book]] and [[John Gow]], and the results are pretty good. No, they  are
not featured articles, but the are much improved from what was there before,
as these diffs show:
    1.  Coloring book:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Coloring_book&diff=123077473&oldid=122888644_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Coloring_book&diff=123077473&oldid=122888644)
    1.  John Gow:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=John_Gow&diff=123118628&oldid=123039812_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=John_Gow&diff=123118628&oldid=123039812)
Yes, it's a far cry from vandal fighting or debating the intricacies of
RfA's, but it does get back to the root of what Wikipedia is all about—building  a
decent reference work. So, I invite everyone to try it out. We can promise
you  random new articles that need your help once or twice a day. You can see
what's  coming up or even add suggestions at [[Wikipedia:Spotlight]] or on IRC
at  #wikipedia-spotlight.
Oh, and there are two simple rules: 1. No BLPs, 2. No articles requiring
Fair Use. Let's keep this as uncontentious as possible.
Hope to see you there.
Danny