[WikiEN-l] Major dysfunction in RfA Culture

Dycedarg darthvader1219 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:05:21 UTC 2007

> 5)security  risk (admin accounts getting hacked) without the gain.

Could someone tell me why this always comes up in discussions like these?
The same thing came up in a discussion about inactive bot accounts. We have
over a thousand admins. If every single one of them had passwords long
enough and with a great enough variety of characters to prevent them from
being easily hacked (according to all the websites with minimum requirements
for these things) I would be very surprised. Yet not once in the entirety of
the history of Wikipedia has a single admin account been hacked. Is there
some technical flaw in the software that reduces the security of admin
accounts in general if there are too many of them or what?

--

Dycedarg