[WikiEN-l] I despair

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Apr 15 18:45:59 UTC 2007

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:25:38 -0400, Jeff Raymond
<jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

>Common decency is an entirely fluid concept from person to person,
>though.  You adn I don't disagree with the intent in this case, but some
>find it harmful on a utilitarian scale.

And i find it hard to see what conceivable utility can be served by
leaving poorly sourced negative material lying around.  I can,
however, see where it would be very bad to do so, especially from the
perspective of the subject.

Wikipedia is one of the biggest websites on the planet.  How would you
feel if an article on you in the world's most prominent reference
website contained material which was derogatory, poorly sourced and
false?

OK, the poorly sourced negative material is not always false; where it
is not it can be brought back when we have a *good* source for it.  In
the mean time?  Who needs it.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk