[WikiEN-l] Citizendium's assertions about material from Wikipedia

SPUI drspui at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 11:32:37 UTC 2007

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> If Citizendium doesn't have a more restrictive license and if the user isn't
> posting other people's content there, Larry is pretty much right.

That's or, not and. I can license any work I myself contributed to
Wikipedia under any license I want; the only thing adding it to
Wikipedia does is allowing others to use it under the GFDL. No one,
including myself, is required to use the GFDL for that work, as long as
a license has been worked out, but anyone who wants to use it under the
GFDL is allowed to, citing that it was added to Wikipedia under the GFDL.