[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia notability (was "Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies")

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Fri Apr 13 01:51:26 UTC 2007

Seraphim Blade wrote:

> Generally, backup players don't get a ton of coverage unless they
> really do end up -playing-, and even then the coverage tends to be
> trivial except in unusual situations. Name-drops and newspaper space
> filler is pretty poor sourcing. If that's all there is, we shouldn't
> have that article.

Also generally, however, thirdstring football players were still
starters in college, and would have plenty of material there.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman