[WikiEN-l] Proposal to not allow editing without account

Dick Clark crotalus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:22:27 UTC 2007

Are you kidding? I often register a new email address in order to register
for this or that while still avoiding spam in the future. It takes about a
minute to set up a new account at hotmail, etc.

It seems unlikely to me that the almost negligible effect this would have on
vandals would be greatly outweighed by the number of simple typo fixes,
etc., that most people probably couldn't be bothered to create an account to
perform. I would argue that any time saved fighting vandals would be less
than the man hours lost from anon editors who would just throw up their
hands at having to register in order to insert a missing comma.

DickClarkMises