[WikiEN-l] Transwikiing free-content images

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Wed Apr 11 11:43:33 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that we would not want to blindly move tens of thousands
> of images at a time, but surely there is a middle ground. Someone
> could make a tool whereby you could quickly just tick off a list of
> acceptable images, and the move would "happen"?

I would trust people if there was a tag {{move to commons}} or
something (I know that is actually a tag) that needed to be added by a
human. Once that was added a bot could do the transwiki. If you wanted
one more level of assurance, perhaps an admin could validate these
images and add them to some transwiki interface.

I haven't heard anyone oppose moving good images to the commons, it's
just that actually doing it is *so slow*. Plus the tools we used to
have don't work since the toolserver is now only for non-english
wikipedias.

Judson
[[:en:User:Cohesion]]