[WikiEN-l] Transwikiing free-content images

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:29:10 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/11/07, Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > I think Magnus did something semi-automatic, can't find a ref to it now.
>
> Commons Helper:
> http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/commonshelper.php

Ok, well I'll try that next time, but really this is something that
should be fixed at the server level. Look at the example of one image
I tagged:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kitesurfing_on_st_kilda_beaches.jpg

It's licensed as public domain. By an apparently respectable user.
Perhaps we could have a list of users whose images we trust to
accurately state their licences. Then transwiki all free images
uploaded by those users at the server level.

Steve