[WikiEN-l] Opt out negative material in biographies

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Tue Apr 10 23:17:38 UTC 2007

On 9 Apr 2007 at 18:30, "andy.dyer9 at tiscali.co.uk"
<andy.dyer9 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> If we were to be discussing people being accountable for their
> actions, then our first port of call would be to consider the
> accountability of an editor who posts an article about the girl who
> entered a "wet T-shirt competition" when she was 18.

What would be the notability there?  Merely entering (and even
winning) a wet T-shirt competition doesn't seem to be sufficient
notability to justify an article, since there are probably thousands
of girls in a similar situation.  Even if she makes it onto one of
the "Girls Gone Wild" films, it's probably not sufficient notability
unless she starts a major career doing such things.  If she becomes a
major "pinup queen" with a large fan following, however, then that
*would* make her notable even if she later becomes a very private
person; see [[Bettie Page]].

--
== Dan ==