[WikiEN-l] Transwikiing free-content images

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:02:46 UTC 2007

> What is the current en:wp feeling on moving free-content images that
> could be on Commons to Commons? Anyone know more or less?
>

> - d.

Little actual opposition but there are more important things to worry
about. largely a don't care attitude as far as I have been able to
tell.

If we move away from the general community feelings and look at the
issues involved the level of copyvios on en is a problem that prevents
mass moves. Screw ups like this:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Image:Gas_syringe.jpg&diff=4749467&oldid=4575607

are the problem with individual moves.

Until we have a way within the software (ok I can think of a work
around method using bots) to really move images rather than copy and
paste any mass moving project would be a mistake.

--
geni