[WikiEN-l] Bureaucrats decide!

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:45:44 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Sam Blacketer <sam.blacketer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Heretical idea - why not elect all the bureaucrats anew each year like
> > Stewards on meta.wikimedia.org? (they can stand for re-election if
> > they want)
>
> Nothing heretical about it, but it doesn't help get more people to
> volunteer for the job...

There doesn't seem to be any lack of bureaucrat candidates. Going by
previous standards Mackensen would be rejected at the current level of
support. Looking back over previous RfBs, quite a lot of votes are of
the kind "We don't need any more bureaucrats". I don't think finding
candidates is going to be the problem; the opposite problem (excess
frivolous candidates) is the more likely.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15