[WikiEN-l] Bureaucrats decide!

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:07:35 UTC 2007

> On 4/10/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Would that every RFA get the attention the bureaucrats gave Danny's.
> > I hope the 'crats will apply the rule "relevant criteria only" to
> > objects from now on, as irrelevant objections have been the greatest
> > problem so far.

> Bureaucrats burn out. Replacements will either have to lie in their
> RFB or commit to not making decision in that way.

Or have the relevance criterion applied to those bureaucrats. Or
select bureaucrats another way, e.g. Cabal appointment. You're
positing a broken RFB as an immovable block; it's not.

The bureaucrats in this case used a form of decision that was pretty
much the only alternative to razing RFA to the ground. (If they'd come
to a consensus of "no" rather than "yes", it would have been as good a
decision.)

- d.