[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia notability (was "Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies")

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 13:57:59 UTC 2007

> Yes. I'm wondering if the people frantically consolidating stubs are
> thinking of convenience for the reader actually looking for that thing
> at all.

Yes, it was quite an epiphany for me when I realised that "real"
encyclopaedias actually have lots of very short articles. They don't
call them "stubs" either. And they leave out pointless gossip about
people's personal lives.

Maybe I should dredge up my proposal for notability to be defined in
kilobytes: this child actor gets 1kb of Wikipedia space. This cold war
president gets up to 100kb of Wikipedia space.

Steve