[WikiEN-l] Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Tue Apr 10 00:52:22 UTC 2007

There are several unresolved situations. An aggrieved subject must be something of a diplomat to figure out who to appeal to and how.

Fred

>	Well, if you define "deal with people" as "has anyone else
>taken their unhappiness as far as has Daniel Brandt?", the answer is
>"No". But I don't think that would be a useful definition.
>
>> Beyond Daniel Brandt, do we really have a problem here that needs fixing?
>
>	Yes (IMHO).
>
>	My view is that I'm not going to go on a legal crusade over
>my own issues with Wikipedia - that for biographies of living people,
>it's an attractive nuisance and a weapon of asymmetrical warfare.
>But I sure do think it's a problem that needs fixing.
>
>Seth Finkelstein

A common sense attitude. What can we do to reduce the problems that arise? Neglected articles with defamatory material, articles with little in them but some unfortunate incident, clumsy attempts to correct articles by subject.

Fred