[WikiEN-l] CATEGORIES!!!!!!

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 00:07:56 UTC 2007

on 4/9/07 7:43 PM, Thomas Dalton at thomas.dalton at gmail.com wrote:

> This is a mediawiki problem, not a wikipedia problem. Just wait until
> the categories feature is made a little more sophisticated, and it
> will all be fine.

Whomever the problem belongs to, this is far too important an issue to wait.

Actually, this appears to be very much a policy problem. The "policies"
governing Categories has changed drastically just in the last year.

I challenge the person or persons responsible for advocating and
implementing these policy changes, to post to this List their reasons and
rationalizations for promoting such changes.

Time to get to the root of it.

Marc Riddell