[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia notability (was "Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies")

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Tue Apr 10 00:07:24 UTC 2007

Seraphim Blade wrote:
> Well, it was pretty overwhelmingly rejected. (Yes, yes, voting bad,
> etc., etc., but it still -can- be a useful metric.) Hell, I love
> changing the -name- (I think notability is a pretty poor and confusing
> thing to call our inclusion criteria), and I still couldn't bring
> myself to support it. Basically, the question we must ask ourselves is
> this:

This is why I opposed a straw poll 3 weeks after it was even formulated
while discussion was ongoing.  It hasn't been rejected at all,
especially considering the quality of some of the opposes.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman