[WikiEN-l] Copyright question

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Apr 9 13:50:46 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:03:09 -0400, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org>
> wrote:
> >If you really want to exclude absolutely all copyrighted materials
> >from all articles, lest a lawyer goes through and gives a professional
> >opinion on whether or not the article is infringing, most articles on
> >TV series would be decimated.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights suggests that we
> already have such a policy.

I'm sorry, which part is that?  And where is there evidence that this
"policy" is followed?

When has a lawyer gone through and approved the listing of characters
and plot summaries from [[Lost (TV series)]], or [[Mission:
Impossible]]?  Or should this all be deleted too?  Is there an article
on a television series which in your opinion *shouldn't* have major
sections of it removed until a lawyer has signed off on them?

> Discuss a fictional work: fine.  Reproduce it: not fine.

You can't discuss a fictional work without reproducing at least a
little bit of it.

[[Dangerfield (TV series)]] has a list of characters in it.  You agree
with me that this list is copyrighted, correct?  Do you feel it should
be removed?

Anthony