[WikiEN-l] Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 00:06:45 UTC 2007

On 4/8/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> I doubt very many people will bother to make such a request, and even if a
> few tens of thousands did, the loss to the utility and interest to the
> encyclopedia would be minimal. This would not apply to prominent persons,
> but would apply to subjects such as John Seigenthaler, whose article was so
> seldom accessed or edited that a major error remained there for months
> without being notice. If the person is not notable enough that we pay
> attention to its content, there is some risk just from having it.
>
> Fred

OK.  So an 18 year old girl makes a few X-rated movies.  At 25 she decides
to settle down, get married and have a normal life.  Somebody however, feels
her legendary notabilty is wortth preserving for posterity, and
incicendtally, if you wish to purchase one of her classic pieces, click
here.

So the question becomes balancing the public's appetite for a human
sacrifice against a persons desire for privacy.