[WikiEN-l] Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:57:23 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:

> Jeff Raymond wrote:
> > Slim Virgin wrote:
> >> There are people for whom there's what Fred called "spot coverage,"
> >> because they did something interesting, but they're not overall
> >> notable.
> >
> > This is some fallacious concept being cooked up.  Either you're notable
> > or not.
>
> Nonsense.  Notability ain't pregnancy.

And herein lies the problem. If we can't agree on what is notable, a
suggestion like the one we're discussing will never work. I agree with the
ÿou're notable or you're not." statement, but different people call
different things notable. That's the whole basis of our
inclusionist/deletionist divide. That teacher John Smith could be notable,
but it would depend entirely on the content of the article.

Mgm