[WikiEN-l] Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Mon Apr 9 01:28:37 UTC 2007

Steve Summit wrote:

> Nonsense.  Notability ain't pregnancy.

It's closer to pregnancy than some fleeting thing.  Keep in mind -
Wikipedia notability has nothing to do with real world notability, so we
need to keep it, uh, in-universe.  If we say "notability is x," we can't
then turn around and say that there's "borderline" - it doesn't,
shouldn't, and won't fly.

Want to remove "borderline" cases?  Try to get consensus at WP:BIO.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman