[WikiEN-l] Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Mon Apr 9 00:14:16 UTC 2007

Fred Bauder wrote:
> It has been suggested that people who are not particularly notable should have the option of requesting removal of their Wikipedia biographies.

Horrid suggestion, and I disagree that the impact would be minimal.  On
the contrary, it opens an entire can of worms and allows us to be
governed by trolls and trollish elements rather thatdoing what we're
supposed to be doing, building an encyclopedia.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman