[WikiEN-l] And over at RFA ...

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 22:14:52 UTC 2007

> On 07/04/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a very hard time swallowing many of the support votes concerning
> > trust and qualifications when he's shown time and time again that he's
> > been overly abusive with the tools.
>

> {{fact}}

David, I have enormous respect for you but you could at least make an
effort to read the oppose votes. They list many of the things he has
done that would not be tolerated at all from any other admin (and no,
they weren't office actions). Just take his dealings with newbies
(such as blocking someone for a month for simple newbie mistakes,
instead of educating them and trying to educate them and possibly
create a solid wikipedian). This is something I personally care a lot
about because that's one of the things I spend a lot of time doing.
That sort of behavior is unacceptable, in my opinion.

It's not like all the opposers are insane trolls. Look at that list
and you'll see a whole lot of fantastic wikipedians. Some of them are
insane trolls, of course (with terrible reasons for opposing, as Steve
Bennet points out), but you cannot deny that there are real concerns
about Danny.

--Oskar

--Oskar