[WikiEN-l] RfA reform

Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu- tariqabjotu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 21:14:57 UTC 2007

Sam Blacketer wrote:
> That is indeed what RfA should become, but the problem which needs to
> be solved is how to set up the process so that this assessment is made
> in a more intelligent way other than simple voting. If, for instance,
> instead of asking the community to "Support" or "Oppose", they were
> asked "Is <x> trustworthy? Yes/No" the result would be
> indistinguishable from what we have now. The only change would be the
> heading over the top of the !votes.

Rehashing an idea I proposed awhile ago, how about a set of standards
similar to those at [[Wikipedia:Featured article criteria]] (but
[[Wikipedia:Administrator criteria]] instead)? If opposing comments are
not relevant to specific points in the criteria, they can be ignored.
Not a perfect system, but it might be better than the current system.

-- Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu-