[WikiEN-l] Line length

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Apr 8 01:15:11 UTC 2007

On 7 Apr 2007 at 23:08, "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I notice the Gmail one doesn't actually ahhh solve the problem with
> long quotes (there's no "wrap a quote properly") option.

My observation is that if you stick to replying in plain text mode,
the formatting is proper.  That seems to be true of most webmail
services; you should stay away from any "rich text editor" they
provide if you want messages with standards-compliant formatting.

> I'd say the most feasible solution to the stated problem is wrap in
> the list archives.

Rewrapping messages can cause other problems such as messing up
formatting where the author intended line breaks to stay put where
they are, as with tables, log dumps, poetry, lyrics, ASCII art, and
long URLs they want to keep unbroken.

--
== Dan ==