[WikiEN-l] Suppression of links to 'attack sites'?

Charli Li chengli1 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 7 17:55:13 UTC 2007

Steve Summit just had to cough out the following stream of bytes from
the specified email client, on 4/7/2007 1:46 PM

As the original poster has said:
> We should "know thine enemy"; we shouldn't act like a mind-control
> cult trying to stop its members from finding out about critics and
> what they have to say, but we should encourage our editors to read
> such criticism -- and refute it on the many occasions where it's
> wrongheaded.  But occasionally the critics say something right, too.
> Anyway, when they're threatening to sue Wikipedia and its editors,
> shouldn't we make ourselves aware of this?  Banning all links to the
> site would prevent that too.
Obviously the site has violated NPA, and even on the NPA policy page, it
says that :
> Posting a link to an external source that fits the commonly accepted
> threshold for a personal attack, in a manner that incorporates the
> substance of that attack into Wikipedia discussion, including the
> suggestion that such a link applies to another editor, or that another
> editor needs to visit the external source containing the substance of
> the attack.
This site is an external source of personal attacks.  Even planning to
sue us and our fellow Wiki*edians is a personal attack.

--
Charli (Vishwin60)
I'm pleased that the Ministry of Culture is protecting the morals of the