[WikiEN-l] RfA reform

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 7 08:57:35 UTC 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 06:50:29 +0100, "Oldak Quill" <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:

> RfA should be reduced to a determination of whether the user is
> trustworthy or not. Their ability to make intelligent decisions should
> come into it somewhere.

That is indeed what RfA should become, but the problem which needs to
be solved is how to set up the process so that this assessment is made
in a more intelligent way other than simple voting. If, for instance,
instead of asking the community to "Support" or "Oppose", they were
asked "Is <x> trustworthy? Yes/No" the result would be
indistinguishable from what we have now. The only change would be the
heading over the top of the !votes.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15